Monday, January 10, 2011

Look What We Got Yesterday

SNOW! Not much but it was pretty to see it falling and collecting on the trees. East and North of us got more in accumulation. First snow of the year is always special though.
Down at the creek by my house.

Field at the end of my street.

More in the yard. The people across the street built three snowmen in their yard. They were really cute and I should have gotten a picture but didn't.
This was what I was working on while it was snowing. All day I made rosettes for Valentine banners. I will post a photo of the completed banners when I finish them. If you do not have the die by Tim Holtz that cuts the rosettes you need it! The die makes it so easy. I also learned a trick from Absolutely Everything. http://www.absolutelyeverythingblog.blogspot.com/ Kate puts Tim's tissue tape on the back or front of the cut out strips. This helps reinforce them. Then they do not have a tendency to tear along the perforated lines. They can do this when you use to thin a paper. It also adds a decorative touch to the finished rosettes. Try it!
Of course if you don't have the tissue tape, Stamp Asylum does. Call (972 596-1224) or stop by the store and we will see you get some. The dies are still on back order but should be in stock this month. We can always call you when they come in if you let us know you want one.

1 comment:

Steph Jones said...

Very nice blog you have heree