Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tree in Bedroom

I got these beautiful glass balls from a store in McKinney last week. The store is called Cherase Vintage Home. They have some wonderful home decor items for Christmas right now in stock. Go check them out. Another store on the square that has great stuff for the home and any color German Glass Glitter you need is Smitten. I bought some pink and they have it in fine and coarse grades. There is a rainbow of colors to choose from. I bought the silver ball ornaments with snowflakes etched on them in the picture below from there too.
I made these small brown metal ornaments from grungeboard, metal tape and molds from Ten Seconds Studio. They were fun and easy to do.

I constructed the art for the ornaments below using Basic Grey snowflake cardstock, printed words on the computer and charcoal pencil. Then soldered them between glass. There are twenty of them and each word is one that reminds me of this holiday season.

Here is the completed tree. It sits at the end of my bed on a bench.



Sorry it has taken me so long to get it posted. Things have just been crazy around here.


I also wanted to share a beautiful piece I bought from another antiques store in McKinney called Homepieces. The owner of the store told me the item came from Illinois and you don't see many of these that are dark colored. This is black and usually you see white or natural wood colored ones. I fell in love with it and had to have it. I figured it made a good birthday present to my self. My birthday is Sunday the 28th.




I wish everyone a Happy Holiday. Hope Santa is good to each of you tonight.









No comments: