Thursday, June 17, 2010

Altered Bird and Other Swap Goodies

I was invited into a local mixed media type group and went to my first meeting last night. It was really fun. The ladies in the group are a riot! Especially two of them and I will not name names but they know who they are! They had started working on altering some wooden or resin birds before I joined. But I caught up with them when I was presented with my own bird to make. Mine is pictured here and I will post pictures of their finished ones after our next meeting. We are to bring our finished birds back for each of us to see. I blinged mine up a little, as you can see.

The swap for last night was to create something using a background paper. The ladies had made a paper that Lynne Perrella http://www.lkperrella.com/ had taught before. Each of the papers turned out so different because they used different colors of paint, but also different textures. These pictures do not do the projects justice because the colors are wonderful.

I did not take the Lynne Perrella class so my background paper was done differently. I used a technique by Dianne Hicks http://www.diannehicksart.com/ who learned it from Anne Bagby http://www.annebagby.com/. It was so much fun to do! I did not get a photo of my completed project but here is my paper. What I did was cut out a box shape from my paper using my Silhouette machine. Folded it up and the box held a small bottle for fresh flowers. I wish I had gotten a picture because they turned out really cute! Silly me!!

No comments: