Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Busy Making Art


I made lavender sachets with iron-ons of bird cages and crowns to sell at Stamp Asylum. I also made some snowflake banners that say JOY. They are all packaged and ready to go to the store. There is also some single ornaments made with snowflakes but you could use them as package tags instead. All priced from $6.00 to $18.00. Go by Stamp Asylum http://stampasylum.blogspot.com/ and check them out. They would make perfect gifts or stocking stuffers.


I saw a frame similar to this at an antique store. The price was like $80.00. I could not believe it! I found a frame and made my own using seam binding ribbon, bottles, tags and anything else I thought would be cool and arty.

I filled this bottle later with pearls and another small one with German glass glitter.
My friend Jeanne made this little collage and it was on a card she gave me. I color copied it and added it to this shipping tag with a page from a book and some rhinestones.



This is a swap piece I made for one of my art groups. The snowflake is 17". It is huge! I made a big rosette and sprayed it with glimmer mist and added some stickles. Layered on the square doily and silver round one with the deer made the perfect Christmas ornament.


This is an ornament I made at one of my art group meetings. The host had bought a larger one at an after Christmas sale last year and thought our group could re-create it. Using pipe cleaners, Christmas picks (for flower arrangements), tinsel, color copies and hot glue an ornament was born. It was really fun to make !

This is the top. Taking apart the picks is easy and it makes you look at decorations in a different light. I see more of these in my future. I for sure am going to watch for things on sale after Christmas!

4 comments:

Amy Huff said...

Hey Donna, I just saw you on the homesteader's post and thought I knew your name so I checked out your blog and realized that you are in fact the Donna from the stamp store! Such a small art world. :)

Love the ornaments they're fantastic.

Cindy said...

Love the art group ornament! So adorable!

-c

donna joy said...

you've been very busy! I think i saw that same frame on a blog from a store~good job-great frame.

Custom Sheds College Station said...

Thhanks for this blog post