Sunday, November 27, 2011

Swap Art & Snowflake Ornament Gifts

Remember in a previous post I sent gifts to two of the students that took all my classes at Mrs. O' Leary's? Well here is what I sent them. These glitter snowflake ornaments I made. I hope they liked them!


These are my swaps for one of my art groups. I used dies to cut out felt ornaments. Stitched and stuffed them with poly fill. I sewed on beads and pearls or used stickles on them and added a seam binding ribbon hanger.



This was one swap I got from Joyce. Very elegant! It took some time to stick all those pearls on!!

This is Mary's swap. She purchased the metal sign but stamped JOY on it and added the rhinestones on the left and the bird on the right. Very cute!

This is Rosalyn's swap that I received. Didn't know she had a hidden talent in ceramics. Love it!

This was the project I taught the group to make. Using pipe cleaners and wire for the orb shape then added glittered floral pics, tinsel and an ornament to complete it. Last year I learned how to do this at my other art group. I think I posted about that one in November of last year.



My other art group met last Sunday and we made these houses. Suzy did a great job teaching us. They were a lot of work but so worth it!! They even light up but you can't see it from the photos. They have glitter on them too!! So they really sparkle!


No comments: