Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Studio & Art

I thought I would post some photos of my studio today. This is my desk area. Working on some project there. It sits near the window that is on the front wall of the house. Could use better lighting though. My Ott light comes in handy.
This photo is from the door into the room. You see my paper cutter and ScorePal there in front. They sit on top of plastic drawers that hold fabric, Stampin' Up stamp sets, metal, tissue paper/napkins, alphabet stamp sets, larger paper or cardstock. My Xyron sits just to the left of the drawers on top of a cube that holds 12" X 12" paper. The red and blue cabinets on the wall hold beads, sewing stuff, jewelry findings. I will post some photos of my studio later.
This is a wire lamp shade frame that I took the shade off of. I saw the idea in a past issue of I think it was Somerset. It was along time ago to say the least. I attached dyed scrim to the top and bottom wires. Added flowers and ribbons. There is a crown with rhinestones on the top where the finial would be placed if it was real lamp.
This is the closeup of the photo cabinet card I decorated to hang inside the frame. I mounted it on watercolor paper I painted and used charcoal pencil on. Added some paper and words along with a rhinestone earring.
I thought it came out pretty good when finished.
Well that's it for now. I'll post more studio photos later this week and I have some more art I have bought and made to post too.










1 comment:

Cindy said...

Dang your studio is awesome! So organized too. And love that little funky lampshade..I've wanted to do something similiar too.

c