Sunday, May 1, 2011

Round Top/Warrenton Antique Show Final Installment

This is Kristi Knox http://junkology.wordpress.com/about/ and Theresa Cano http://gardenantqs.blogspot.com/ . I have been checking out Theresa's blog for some time. I found her when I bought something in her booth at Winnie  & Tallulah's in Athens, TX. She doesn't have one there anymore, now she is in McKinney at an antique store. She has great stuff! Her blog is fun and she is always traveling around Texas to let us know of great places to shop and shows to attend. She is full of info! Pictures of her booth at Zapp Hall are below. She had a wonderful booth! Kristi I met there at the show. But it is such a small world because she is taking my class at Paper Cowgirl! I could not believe I met a student in my class! Of all the the places to be and meet her. It was great! She is so sweet and I can't wait for my class in June to see her again.
Loved this couch area.

Looking in from the outside.

Check out the flowers wrapped in the corset.

Button chair by table. Yum!


This is looking down the hwy from the side of the road we were shopping on. Bumper to bumper of cars. we never even shopped on the other side of the road. Have to do that next trip!
We found this wonderful sleigh and I said lets get inside and take photos of each other. So we did. Melody took this one of me. we bought hats to keep the sun off our faces and they really were a blessing.
Junk Gypsy http://www.gypsyville.com/ was a fun booth to shop! They had some great items. I bought a rhinestone crown belt buckle and black leather belt for it. I also got a colorful teal and lime green dingle ball scarf. I just need something to wear it with. LOL Photos of their booth is below.
Jewelry table.

My husband said "poor deers" because of the crowns.

We parked by this building. Wonderful rusted texture on the sides.

This booth is Paris Montana http://www.parismontana.blogspot.com/ . They had some cool jewelry. I loved what these two ladies were wearing. You would see ladies all day long wearing fabulous stuff. They were probably going to the prom later that night. We were to tired to come back for it. maybe next time.
Back of ladies shirt.


Found all kinds of neat metal toy trucks! I still remember from a photo of Sally Jean Alexander's studio in Where Women Create of her robins egg blue metal truck. She put glues in hers I think. I never saw a robins egg blue one though or I would have bought it. Love that color!
This was just a cool set up with the lights. Same booth with the metal toy trucks.
Coca Cola sign in Japanese or Chinese. Not sure which since I can't read it. But I am pretty sure that it says Coca Cola.

Several booths when walking around Warrenton.
This was across from Junk Gypsy.
Loved these tassels. Great idea coming on! Have to make some for myself!
I thought it was weird to be selling a casket so I took a photo of it. The arch things above it are fabulous though.
This was a cute booth. Love how they used doors for an archway.
This was where we got cart liners. Really cute ones. They were from Winnie and Tallulah.  Although that is not what the booth was called. I think it was Split pea but I am not for sure. I have seen them at a booth in Winnie and Tallulah.

Well that's it for my trip down South. It was really fun and I highly recommend you going. The show is twice a year, Spring and Fall. Check out this site for more info http://www.antiqueweekend.com/indexmain.html .

4 comments:

donna joy said...

great pictures of round top! lots of inspiration-and fyi, when i met gary, he had a casket in his garage... :)

Anonymous said...

Donna! Just saw my picture with Theresa as I was google searching for some nametag ideas for PC! (That's cheating, isn't it!) I may borrow a copy, if you don't mind. See you soon! xo Kristi

Charlene said...

Round Top was a BLAST this year wasn't it???? But, Cool & Damp! I enjoyed seeing your post! Where is the store you work at? I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
Charlene

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hey Donna, thanks so much for posting this. Lots of great pics and things to be seen. Gloria owns Winnie & Tulula's and her biz name is called Sweet Pea's. I also saw a pic of friend Jill Suzanne's booth, arbor doors, she doesn't have a blog but she's on my sidebar and has the best smelling candles. Also, loved seeing The Seed Box's booth at Zapp, the one with the trucks. Hope you have a great class and maybe I'll see you next Warrenton. Happy Mother's Day weekend, Theresa