The other art group I belong to met last week. The swap theme was buttons. Below is what I ended up making. I took a canvas and spray painted it robin's egg blue. I attached a piece of ledger sheet and then dry brushed gesso on top to tone things down. I added some walnut stain distress ink to the canvas and then I cut a heart from felt and glued on lots of vintage buttons. I attached the heart to the canvas and used a charcoal pencil around the edge and also glued a piece of lace down.
This how I packaged my canvas to give to the girls. A brown sack and I made a special button tag to go with each.