Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Around the House

This globe I made at work using a Time Holtz frozen charlotte doll and his bottle brush tree. Covered the box with music paper and distressed edges with Sepia Archival ink.

I bought this little guy at My Favorite Room in McKinney http://kbmdesigns.com/ . I think he is soo cute!!

One of my mini trees.

I made a coffee filter wreath this year. Really easy and fun to make! Have to thank Margie Romney Aslett http://www.margieromney-aslett.typepad.com/ because it is her idea!


I have had a lot of fun bleaching bottle brush trees this season. I tried to make this box look vintage. I used platinum glitter, a rhinestone button, music paper, lace and ink on the paper mache box. Oh and I added mica to the tree plus a real wooden tree piece for the base. My friend Nikki cut them.

Love these paper trees!

I made two banners this season too! I put this small one in one of my bathrooms on the mirror.

Another bottle brush tree box. This one is in my bedroom hence the aqua color.

 The other banner I made. Burlap is great for these things! Another Margie idea!
Mini tree in my bedroom.

Tree in my den. Looks kinda bare but I was lazy this year and decided to just have the lights on it. Didn't want to take the time to add the ornaments. Actually every year I leave the lights on it and place it in a zippered bag for storage. So it was easy to just pull it out and plug in the lights. Well I did have to straighten out some of the limbs. LOL I love this tree since it is skinny and fits in a tight space.

I added burlap and a glittered deer at the bottom of the tree. Time to wrap some gifts to put under the tree!

1 comment:

donna joy said...

love it all-i didn't put any ornaments on the tree either. just not "into" it this year~ love what you've been doing though~