Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Swap Projects

I finished up a Halloween swap project today. These paper mache cones were really fun to make! I painted them with orange acrylic paint then ruffled some black crepe paper on the sewing machine to go around the top. Sewing the crepe paper on the machine makes the ruffles so much more even, and it doesn't take very long at all. Then I glittered a copy of an old postcard and mounted it on a die cut black card. Hot glued that on the cone. Oh I did add some tinsel around the ruffled crepe paper at the top. Tied ribbons on the wire hanger and hung a crystal on the bottom of each cone.



These are some pete cups I painted and embellished with German Glass Glitter and a copy of an old postcard. This crepe paper I bought already ruffled. It is much smaller than the black used above. Not sure of the manufacturers name that makes it. I also spread orange stickles on the painted areas of the cup. These are for two of my friends. I hope they like them!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Hey Donna....both projects turned out fabulous!